Friday, August 18, 2006

Celebrate Life

I admit it - My blog has been quite depressing lately. But, I guess that's understandable, huh?

Well- to try to lighten it up a bit - I thought it might be good to remind people about the things that make life so great.

My list is not going to be the same as yours, but maybe we have some overlaps...

1. Sunsets - always different, always amazing.
2. My puppy - She's always excited to see me - even if I've been gone for just minutes. That's amazing too.
3. The children's section in the bookstore — Just about all the books have happy endings and no political debates in sight.
4. A sunflower seed - How can something so big and pretty come from basically nothing? I guess could be said for all living things.
5. S'mores – Even if you don't like to eat them - there's something fundamentally relaxing about making them.
6. Campfire songs – The silliest of songs is the best song.
7. Holding hands in public – It's an absolutely non-offensive PDA, yet one of the most powerful that says- We're together and happy about it.
8. Band-aids – They are clear, flesh colored, plastic, fabric, and can feature just about every color and cartoon character you can think of. Did you ever wear one just for the heck of it?
9. Ice cream – A million flavors and just as good as a solid or a liquid - just ask any 4 year old.
10. Airplanes – I know that flying may not be the most enjoyable expience, especially as of late - but, honestly... How cool is it to get on one in one place, and get off a few hours later in some place completely different?

So those are a few just off the top of my head.

How about you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Wild Butterfly said...

new shampoo

ICE CREAM...yes!

listening to a favorite song

my cat purring

a baby's laugh

summer rain

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home