Thursday, August 10, 2006

The pain of having someone close to you die could be a comfort.

So, my grandfater, the last of all of my grandparents, is fading fast. I know that, technically, I shouldn't feel too bad because he's almost 88 and has lived a very long and full life. But, let's be honest - does saying that make anyone feel better?

As his days are coming to a close, it really makes me sad. But, it got me to thinking, maybe being sad is the best possible outcome one could hope for.

After all, if I wasn't sad, it would mean that he and his life didn't mean anything to me.

So, I guess, in a way, being sad is the best and most genuine way you could say thanks to the person for all the good times and love.

Thus - to my grandpa - I'll miss you so much.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wild Butterfly said...

All my grandparents have died and I miss them everyday. I work as a nurse in a nursing home so miss many of my adopted grandparents when they go on. The circle of life. It doesn't make it easy though!! I am not very religious, but always find comfort in thinking they are all looking down on me and guiding me as my guardian angels. Take care!!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks Butterfly.

It's nice to know people out there who don't even know one another can care.

By the way- I love your avitar. It's pretty.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Wild Butterfly said...

Thank you!! :) Hope all is well.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home