Thursday, August 10, 2006

What does the price of gas and Wisconsin's proposed health care plan have in common? Nothing... and that's exactly the point.

As I said before, I was at a Rotary lunch listening to a debate about the pros and cons about the proposed new health care coverage plan for Wisconsin.

Did you know that the Wisconsin government has this great idea to get EVERYONE into the plan (at the expense of corporations, of course, which already pay very high state taxes... Great way to showcase yet more reasons to keep doing business in Wisconsin - but I digress...).

And, each person simply has to choose between three plans of increasing levels of service and price (Read basic, premium and premium plus), then - POOF - health care costs will go down.

Excuse me, but I really see how putting people into low cost health coverage plans is going to bring down the cost of health care.

It's kind of like telling me that if everyone chooses between one of three models of cars to drive - the cost of gas will go down.

HUH?!

Ahhh... the government at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home